Over 350 years old, The Moda House is an exquisite and impressive 3 storey Grade II listed building. The house dates from the 17th century, originally housing the 'Bank of Chipping Sodbury' and publishing bank notes, examples of which are held in a London bank museum. In 1795, Mr Ebenezer Ludlow, a well-known local man, was the owner with Mr Septimius Hardwicke in occupation.
At the end of the 19th century, Dr Alfred Grace, who was related to the famous cricketer W.G.Grace, lived and ran his practice from, as it was then known, View House.
The name Moda was chosen by Dr Haig Sarafian, who came to live and work in Chipping Sodbury and chose to call the house Moda after a suburb of Constantinople, where he grew up.
In the early 1970's after a period of redecoration and refurbishment it became a hotel. As you would expect from a building that dates from the 17th century, our bedrooms come in a variety of shapes and sizes, all with their own distinctive character. They do have in common well appointed bathrooms with power showers and cable TV. Six of our rooms have a magnificent view of the town and the countryside beyond.
We take great pleasure in creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere which enables our guests to relax and unwind in a quiet environment.
It's a winning formula that keeps our guests returning time and time again.